The Alabama School of Cyber Technology & Engineering (ASCTE) is a public state magnet school that will serve both residential and day students. ASCTE is looking for talented educators and subject matter experts to join our team. ASCTE will be filling instructor positions from all content areas through the opening of the 2021-2022 school year.
Interested applicants should send resume/CV and Letter of Interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB TITLE: Instructor- General Education: Math, Language, Social Studies, Engineering
CONTRACT LENGTH: Negotiable
REPORTS TO: Dean of Teacher and Student Learning
DESCRIPTION: An Instructor for ASCTE believes that all students can learn at high levels and works to ensure this happens. ASCTE Instructors understand that the instructional staff works in interdependent teams that are mutually accountable to achieve the mission and goals of the school. ASCTE Instructors provide students with challenging educational opportunities and experiences connecting math, science, English, and social studies topics to cyber and engineering concepts and applications. ASCTE Instructors establish collaborative learning environments with hands-on activities and project-based learning opportunities. ASCTE Instructors understand that stakeholder involvement is paramount in preparation for success in college and the fields of cyber and engineering.
- Focus on student learning, not merely providing an opportunity to learn but dedicated that all students will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to meet the learning objectives.
- Work collaboratively in interdependent teams that are mutually accountable to ensure that all students learn at high levels.
- Focus on results - evidence of student learning to inform and improve practice in order to respond to individual students who need intervention or enrichment.
- Actively participate in professional learning communities as part of the professional growth of the instruction staff.
- Collaborate with industry, governmental agencies, and higher education to develop innovative curriculum.
- Incorporate strategies that eliminate achievement gaps in traditionally underperforming student subgroups.
- Effectively engage with learners of all levels and backgrounds.
- Support extracurricular clubs/activities.
- Serve as a student advisor.
- Support student life programs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Meet one of the three requirements
- Alabama Teacher Certification
- Five years of classroom teaching experience
- Two years of experience in an industry-related field
- Master’s Degree or higher in a related field
- Experience working in or with STEM industry
- Experience starting up a new school/program
- Passion, conviction, and the ability to inspire others
- Experience with students in a residential setting
Contract to be negotiated. Employee performance will be evaluated by the Dean of Teacher & Student Learning.